Julie Weslosky, PT, DPT, ATC
My background is in Athletic Training and the sports medicine side of physical therapy. During my undergraduate schooling, I had an extensive amount of hands-on experience with athletes and athletic injuries throughout all four years. One professor of mine, at Lock Haven University, impacted my life and she encouraged me to utilize the talents that I had to continue onto graduate schooling. When I decided to continue my education into physical therapy, I had no idea how rewarding this career path would be. As a physical therapist, I am able to work with a wide variety of patients. I assess a patient’s deficits and limitations and work with them to obtain their optimal function, whether that means returning them to the football field or cooking meals in their own kitchen. It is overwhelmingly rewarding at times to educate patients on their own injury, illness or diagnosis, and hear them tell me that they learned how to help themselves. When I can assist a patient to be independent and knowledgeable on their own body, I feel like I have won.
- Doctor of Physical Therapy (DPT), Neumann University, Aston, PA
- BS: Magna Cum Laude, Health Science – Athletic Training with Minor in Sport and Exercise Psychology, Lock Haven University, Lock Haven, PA
- Certified Athletic Trainer
- American Physical Therapy Association, National Athletic Training Association
- Member of Bethel United Methodist Church
- I have traveled to Hawaii twice in my life!